Although one would think my Christian beliefs would sway me, I find no connection between religion and science. Religion and science are in different compartments and should not be linked. Thus my religious views don't sway my views on stem cell research. I'm a huge advocate of science and the scientific method. Science does not have to be proved by mathematical formulas and data. Science is also the idea of performing experiment to find a solution or conclusion. Stem cells research is all about science, and if it can be done using scientific methods then it must be a good idea.
There are still many pro-life advocates that think stem cell research is unethical, as do I. However, I believe that if the outcome of an unethical experiment can save many lives and helps the world, it should be performed. Therefore, the evilness of destroying embryos is counterbalanced by the effect stem cell research can have on the world. Or a so called "moral improvement".
I believe stem cell research has a lot of hope and can improve the world. It will create knowledge and promise in the world and improve science tremendously.
No comments:
Post a Comment